Unite Kindness is a globally crowdsourced kindness movement to empower young people to be the change they wish to see.
The campaign, which to date has crowdsourced 3.5 million acts of kindness around the world since May of 2020, encourages as many young people around the world as possible to be:
- Kind to themselves through art and creativity, or by taking care of their physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Kind to others through simple acts of kindness for family, friends or neighbors.
The purpose of Unite Kindness is to improve the health and well-being of people from all walks of life by encouraging acts of kindness, volunteerism and charitable giving. Unite Kindness is intended to connect individuals and organizations to share resources, information and tools to foster more acts of kindness and to encourage a culture of kindness around the world.
UniteKindness was the main campaign for Canada’s first National Kindness Week in February of 2022. The campaign is supported by all of Canada’s national political parties, including Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudea, and it was the main call to action during the launch press conference on February 15, 2022.
UniteKindness is stewarded via partnership by the global nonprofit organization, Global Dignity, MC2, Inc, and others around the world. In Canada alone, Global Dignity’s partners include: TakingITGlobal, Right To Play, The Center for Global Education, The World Economic Forum’s Global Shapers, YMCA, The Canadian Commission to UNESCO, Adobe Youth Voices, amongst many others and contributes to empowering 1 million youth in 80 countries every year.
In October 2022, Global Dignity announced its partnership with UNESCO’s Mahatma Gandhi Center for Peace and Education, who will showcase the top campaign’s acts of kindness on their website and write a news article each month to feature a top performer.
This campaign forms part of a crowd coordinated global kindness revolution.
The Future of Unite Kindness: The Community Kindness Portal
In 2023 via an event with His Holiness the Dalai Lama and numerous nonprofit organizations around the world, such as the Special Olympics, TED, Malala Fund, Paramount Pictures (Culture), Faith Media, amongst others, UniteKindness will scale its focus on empowering youth to reach 1 billion acts of kindness in the Gaia Stream network.
The expanded UniteKindness campaign will offer a free, data rich Community Kindness Portal, accessible to any nonprofit or charity in the world wanting to partake. An AI-powered chatbot marketplace will match primarily Millennials (people 18-35) seeking acts of kindness and community services with governments, organizations or companies rewarding and funding them. It is designed to unite the positive intentions of young people around the world who want to help their communities, and be kind, but don’t know what to do or how they can help. It likewise provides charities, nonprofits and businesses a vehicle to make their needs known and find local volunteers who can help them during this difficult time.
The next phase of the UniteKindness campaign will aim to crowdsource 1 billion acts of kindness and will technologically include the following feature highlights:
- Make discoverable acts of kindness across hundreds of campaigns worldwideSupport young people in easing the stress, anxiety and loneliness, by making discoverable immediate digital and in-person experiences for people to do digitally and nearby
- Reduce loneliness for senior citizens, the disabled and the most vulnerable in society who are heavily impacted by loneliness and social isolation.
- Provides necessary situational awareness to local community organizations and governments about what people are doing to support kindness in their community and where there are gaps through activity tracking and quantifiable measurements
- Provide a funding vehicle for nonprofits and charities who are suffering as a result of lost donations, charitable events and fundraisers with MC2’s in-bot donation capabilities
- Match businesses wanting to help their local communities with organizations and people who need their help.
Stay tuned as UniteKindness and Stream evolve into a finely tuned distributed engine that uses kindness as its fuel to take us to the places we’ve only dreamed of until now.